Friday, August 24, 2012

COFFEE, HURRICANES AND MARTINIS

Having been away from, Indiscreetly Us, for a few months, I woke up this morning and felt compelled to post something.

What, exactly?

I have no idea.

Really, no specific topic is burning my fingers, yet I want to express myself here.

Gaz and I are in the midst of many other projects, but there is something calling me...drawing me here today as I sip java.

Is it the thunder, dark skies, rain and potential hurricane threat?

Could be.

Not certain.

We're about as ready as we can be for the swirling and twirling wind heading toward Haiti at the moment. My prayers are with all those there who have already suffered so much and still have so little.

Our preparation?

We have some water, flashlights, candles, are prepared to fill bathtubs (for toilet flushing if water supply gets interrupted), have full propane tanks for cooking outside on the grill if necessary and have random food items that will suffice.

You know what I really think?

I think August is crushingly boring and dull, even as a hurricane is threatening.

So, this afternoon it will be Rodeo Drive coffee and tonight it will be martini time with Gaz and we'll see where it goes from there.



No comments:

Post a Comment