Friday, January 27, 2012

INDIA IS SOCIAL DITCHING AND DANCING

Salud, Kids!

Oh, Facebook-Facebook, I have abandoned you...again! And, I am not alone (more on that in a second). I am just to the point of being Facebooked-Out (just invented that word) and have taken a much-needed break.

Twitter?

Yeah, I'm still Tweeting, but it is random and scarce. Mostly, I use it to promote the blog, stay in touch with a few folks and cast a squint-eye on idiotic Tweets of celebrities (if you check my Follows, you will see I use that term loosely).

Now, this brings me to India.

Oh, India-India, I love how you honor special days of Republic by rocking it on a plane.

Plus, your savvy youth seem to be seeking the true meaning of life-after-social-media. Apparently.

Yep, According to ChannelNewsAsia, India'a youth seem to be ditching social-media to immerse themselves in something other than on-line shenanigans. Maybe they are even seeking something radical like real life. You never know.

I'm not saying I won't go back to Facebook, but, like India's youth, it really is exhausting.

And, let's not even discuss how boring it can be to read details on someone making a tuna sandwich for lunch and then how they went for a power-nap.

Read on...


ChannelNewsAsia...
NEW DELHI: India's urban youth are suffering social-media "fatigue," prompting a number to delete their Facebook and other accounts, according to a new study.

"Youngsters have started finding social media boring, confusing, frustrating and time-consuming," the survey commissioned by by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) found.

India's youth have "started experiencing social-media fatigue" and are tending to log less frequently onto social networks like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Orkut, and others than when they signed up, the study reported.

Some 55 per cent of respondents said they had "consciously reduced" their time spent on social media websites and it was no longer a "craze" for them.

More than half of the 55 per cent who had cut down on their activity on social media sites said they had actually deactivated or deleted their accounts and profiles from these websites.

Of nearly 200 young people interviewed in New Delhi, 60 per cent said they found it "boring and sick to see constant senseless status updates."

##

Gotta run. I have LOTS of time to fill now that I am not social-networking.

What do I do now?

Help!

See ya 'round the beaches-real or virtual.
Follow me on Twitter (I may follow you back)
Read me fictionally, The Bainbridges of the Palm Beaches, Barnes & Noble, eBooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment